Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fantasy Football Season Has Begun!

Ahhh, it's that time of year.... Fantasy football season has begun! A way for you to compile your own roster of actual NFL players, and compete against your friends, or complete strangers. Whomever the competitor is, Fantasy football is a phenomenal way to be interract with other Fantasy football GM's that have the same exact interest as you, and that is: WINNING A FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP!



It's what everyone wants, and there are many suggested steps to take in order to do so. Or, you can do it your own way, and perhaps get lucky! Lots of luck is involved in fantasy football. Do you start a running back that is guaranteed to get 10-15 touches, but has historically been lackluster against a particular run defense? Or do you start that Wide Reciever that might only get targeted 3 times, but one of them will be a 40 yard touchdown? It's a gamble, and there are various elements one needs to take into account.... Are you managing your team with realistic expectations? Is your management purely emotion based, or do you just rely on crunching numbers and projecting statistics? Or perhaps you can take the hybrid approach (which is how I approach each fantasy week.) Do I start Eli Manning against my favorite team, the Philadelphia Eagles, knowing that he will produce big numbers against my hometown squad?


Or do I start a lower tier quarterback that has a high probability of producing, where I won't have to root against my team in order to get points....
Decisions, decisions, decisions! This is why I love fantasy football! I live it, breath it, and am told that I am quite the guru. Friends of mine call me every Sunday morning, asking me "Who would you start....." or, "Out of these available players, who do I pick up?" Essentially, my answer is as good as yours.... As noted earlier, much of fantasy football is a gamble. A lot of your decision making is purely based upon a crap shoot. But historically, I'm pretty good at craps, and this has elevated my fantasy football knowledge, or what people perceive it to be. Thus, some colleagues of mine have developed a name for me..... Asam City: The Fantasy Football Guru.... Here I am:


Stay tuned all season for the most up to date fantasy knowledge.... I can't guarantee a fantasy championship, but I will certainly try. :) Let's do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment