Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Turner Gets Busted for DUI

      I’ve just found out that the Atlanta Falcons starting Running Back, Michael Turner, was arrested on charges of a DUI and speeding. How did I find this info out? TWITTER!
     Twitter, along with other forms of social media, keeps me up to date on my players. Now that I know Michael Turner got into some off the field issues, the player I own, by the name of Jaquizz Rodgers, his value increases because of the possibility that Turner is now in the doghouse and Quiz will be grabbing more carries.
     It is also a bonus piece of knowledge just to keep track of which players are getting into trouble and which players are not. Whatever the result, social media has provided me with this valuable information… Here is a link to the article that was tweeted:

Turner gets popped for DUI
 
(Here is the actual link)
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8394092/atlanta-falcons-rb-michael-turner-charged-dui-speeding

2 comments:

  1. So I'm a Manhattan-born, Bronx-raised kid who grew up watching New York basketball, football, and-- most avidly-- baseball in an aunt's living room, and living in State College pains me. Not because people hate the Yankees; people hate the Yankees everywhere, and I really wouldn't be a good New Yorker if I cared. But because I'm very used to having every game broadcast in my area.

    Needless to say, they aren't all broadcast here. So I've developed an addiction to MLB Gamecast. But I've also developed an addiction to Twitter. I can't even tell you how many times I've pulled up Twitter and Gamecast simultaneously. Gamecast is much more detailed but Twitter is faster. Seriously, how long did Turner have that DUI before everybody and their mother knew about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a huge Philadelphia Eagles fan, and I have some experience with receiving news via Twitter before hearing it on official sports new website or television (as in the Michael Turner DUI story). The first instance was when the Eagles released linebacker Brian Rolle. I knew about him being cut because I follow him. I actually knew before some of the Eagles insiders even tweeted about it. That just shows the power of Twitter right there. The other instance is when they fired Juan Castillo. I, too, heard this through Twitter before anywhere else. This can turn out wrong sometimes though, or people can misinterpret things because of Twitter, thus making news out of nothing. I remember back in October I believe, Chad Johnson tweeted that he was heading to Philadelphia. This naturally got Eagles fans and Eagles insiders thinking and making premature speculations. All in all though, Twitter is a great resource. If you want news, that is the place to go. Just have to make sure it is actual news and not some made up rumor!
    -Anthony

    ReplyDelete